Wow, it's been a very long time since I've even attempted writing or had a notion to blog. It's been a roller coaster of a year, but it's time for an update.
In brief... I finished one full school year at Southern, went canvassing for the summer in Arizona and switched to attending SOULS West in Prescott, AZ. Through a series of unfortunately, yet divine timing, I ended up back at home in March of 2012. My mom had been diagnosed with USPC, an rare and highly aggressive cancer. I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend at home with her and care for our family. While home I met, dated, fell in love with, and married by wonderful husband. But I'm getting ahead of myself. For the summer of 2012 I worked as a leader for the canvassing team; it was a great experience! I came back home in August and Rob proposed in October. To read our whole story, click here. Long story short we got married on March 10, 2013; and everyday since we are more in love than the day previous!
However, in the meantime my mom's health began to decline in new and more painful ways, and before we knew it time rapidly passed by and so did my mom. My mom fell asleep in Jesus on May 19th. It has been a crazy year, but I am so thankful at the same time. First of all, my mom got to see me getting married. She was there for my sister's high school graduation, all my mom's family came in to spend time with her - what great memories! And lastly, she's no longer in pain. It hasn't been easy and I now what it's like to not go a day without thinking about someone. But God has been there, and I am so looking forward to being reunited with her in heaven!
But now for the transition of this blog: I am really wanting to turn this into a Recipe, Home Remedies, Going Green, Pintrest-y type blog. Housewife stuff. LOL sounds funny and cliche, but it's totally up my alley. And I already have at least two ideas ready to go!
So for now, it's time to go wash dishes, clean toilets, sweep, cook supper, and... you get the idea!
Au revoir
No comments:
Post a Comment